Tuesday, January 30, 2007

New Leader

Oops, I am a little late, aren't I. I haven't posted in a long while. Quick synopsis on my view of the leadership weekend back in December.

I was one of the few who thought Dion could win, and I was glad when my favourite candidate (Martha Hall Findlay), went to support him. I knew Iggy would not win, and I was right again. This race was really between Rae and Dion.

Dion will be a good leader, I am definitely excited. He needs to master his English, especially as another election is on the horizon.

About the upcoming budget, I am wary about how it will turn out. It will depend on the NDP's support. Bloc have to vote against it, and the Liberals will, definitely. NDP definitely hold the balance, and there is no gain for them in shooting down this budget.

Taking all things in account, this government will last until the Fall. The public is still divided, and the Dion really needs to prove himself. He has gotten a relative "free-ride" from the media.

Comments welcome...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home